2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 ½ c. whole milk
1 c. half & half
3/4 c. sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 box of your favorite mac & cheese pasta (we used elbow mac)
4-6 tbsp. St. Elmo Creamy Horseradish
1/4 c. cheddar cheese, shredded (for top)
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. St. Elmo Coarse-Cut Horseradish
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Add flour and whisk. Let roux simmer while stirring for 4-5 minutes. Do not brown.
4. Prepare noodles by following cooking instructions on package. Cook noodles al dente.
5. While stirring the roux, incorporate milk and half & half. Simmer on low heat until sauce begins to thicken, approximately 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
6. Add sharp white cheddar, cheddar, salt and St. Elmo Creamy Horseradish to roux.
7. Add noodles to sauce and mix until noodles are completely coated.
8. Pour mac & cheese mixture in casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. If using breadcrumbs – top cheese with breadcrumbs.
9. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and garnish with St. Elmo Coarse-Cut Horseradish. Serve!
← Older post Newer post →