2 tbsp. St. Elmo Blackened Seasoning
2 tbsp. St. Elmo Coarse-Cut Horseradish
2 c. water
2 tbsp. unsalted Butter
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
½ c. grits
¼ c. gouda cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. onions, diced
2 tbsp. green bell pepper, diced
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 c. tomatoes, diced with juices
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 lb raw 13/15 Shrimp, peeled and deveined
4oz chicken sausage, diced
¼ c. chicken stock
¼ c. heavy cream
1 tsp. chives
1. In a large pot, bring water, butter and salt to a boil.
2. Once water is boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and add grits, whisk to prevent lumps. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Stir constantly.
3. Once grits are done, whisk in cheese and Coarse-Cut Horseradish until well blended.
4. While grits are cooking, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add butter.
5. Add onions, pepper, garlic to the frying pan and sauté until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice, bring to a simmer, cook for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and stir well.
6. Season shrimp with Blackened Seasoning and add to the frying pan and cook until shrimp turns pink, about 2 minutes. Mix constantly. Add sausage and cook for 1 minute.
7. Pour in chicken stock, heavy cream and Blackened Seasoning to taste. Cook until mixture begins to simmer.
8. In a separate, non-stick pan, cook an egg over easy.
9. Spoon the hot grits in the center of a serving plate, ladle the shrimp mixture over grits and top with an egg. Garnish with chives and enjoy!