1 lb waygu, ground
¾ lb pork, ground
¾ lb veal, ground
1.5 c seasoned croutons
1 c whole milk
¼ c oil
3 eggs, room temperature
2 tbsp parsley
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1.5 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1.5 tbsp Italian seasoning
¼ c parmesan cheese, grated
¼ c Pecorino cheese, grated
2 c St. Elmo Root Beer Glaze
1. Place croutons in a food processor and pulse until fine.
2.Transfer crouton crumbs to a bowl and add milk. Let soak for 20 minutes.
3. Add onions to food processor and pulse until finely minced.
4. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions to skillet and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
5. Gently mix the Wagyu, pork and veal in a large bowl. Do not over mix. Stir in onions, soaked breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and pecorino cheese until thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Form the mixture into 1 oz balls and place on a greased sheet pan.
8. Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
9. Toss meatballs in St. Elmo Root Beer Glaze and serve hot.