Crust (Can use store-bought crust)
1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. salt
½ c. chilled butter, diced
¼ c. ice water
½ c. half & half
½ c. St. Elmo Creamy Horseradish
3 tbsp. parmesan, grated or shredded
½ c. cheddar cheese, shredded
½ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 green onions, thinly sliced
½ c. mushrooms, chopped
½ c. fresh spinach, chopped
5oz cooked ham, chopped
3 egg yolks
½ c. melted butter
¼ tsp. salt
½ tbsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. In a mixing bowl combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture becomes a coarse crumb. Stir in water 1 tbsp. at a time until mixture forms a ball. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Roll out dough and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Gently press dough to the bottom and sides of the pie pan then flute edges.
3. Preheat oven to 350°. Par bake crust for 15 minutes. Remove crust from oven and allow to cool.
4. In a bowl, whisk eggs, half & half and Creamy Horseradish until light and fluffy.
5. Evenly distribute ham, spinach and mushrooms on the bottom of the pie crust. Slowly pour egg mixture on top.
6. Place quiche on the middle rack in oven and cook for 45-50 minutes, or until eggs are fluffy and the sides begin to brown.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
To make hollandaise sauce:
8. Fill bottom of double boiler part-way with water. Bring water to a gentle summer. In the top of the double boiler, whisk egg yolk rapidly for 2-3 minutes, until frothy. Slowly add butter while still whisking rapidly. Once all the butter is incorporated add salt, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
9. Slice and plate quiche. Drizzle hollandaise sauce on top. Garnish with green onions and serve!