3 lbs. (about 4 large) Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
½ c. (1 stick) butter, plus more for serving
½ c. milk
½ c. sour cream
¼ c. St. Elmo Creamy Horseradish
1 tbsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. black pepper
Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
1-2 tbsp. St. Elmo Coarse-Cut Horseradish (as needed)
1. Fill a medium stock pot ½ full of cold water. Peel potatoes, cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces, place in water and bring to a boil. Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
2. When potatoes are almost done, melt the butter and warm the milk and sour cream separately.
3. Drain the water from the potatoes
4. Add the butter to the potatoes and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
5. Add sour cream, Creamy Horseradish, salt & pepper and mix until smooth. Then slowly add the milk until the desired consistency is reached (you may not need to add all the milk).
6. Taste the potatoes – they should be very smooth in texture and have a pleasant yet noted horseradish flavor. If more “kick” is desired, add 1 to 2 tbsp. of St. Elmo Coarse-Cut Horseradish!
7. Place potatoes in a serving dish and garnish with melted butter and chopped chives.