1 lb. strip loin
1 tbsp. St. Elmo Seasoning
2 Romaine Hearts
6 slices 1” thick baguette
¼ c. olive oil
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Cocktail tomatoes, on the vine
1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. Worcestershire
2 tbsp. parmesan, grated
St. Elmo Creamy Horseradish, for dipping
1. Preheat grill to 500°
2. In a small dish, combine mayonnaise, grated parmesan, lemon juice and Worcestershire. Season with salt & pepper, set aside.
3. Cut the romaine hearts in half lengthwise. Remove any loose or softening leaves. Brush all sides with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
4. Brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
5. Season both sides of the steak generously with St. Elmo Seasoning. Cook on the grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side to obtain medium-rare. Remove from grill and let rest while the remaining items are grilled.
6. Place the romaine halves and the baguette on the grill. Cook romaine halves for approximately 30 seconds on each side. The lettuce should be slightly charred and just beginning to wilt. Cook baguette 1-2 minutes on each side. The baguette should be toasted on both sides and slightly charred around the edges.
7. Lastly, place the tomatoes (still on the vine) directly on the grill for about 2 minutes. The bottoms should be just slightly bruised. This will release the natural juices in the tomatoes.
8. Once the steak has rested, slice thin and build the platter as shown in the picture. Cut the grilled bread into smaller pieces, drizzle the dressing over the romaine hearts and top with shaved parmesan. Serve Creamy Horseradish and the remaining dressing and in a side vessel.