STEP 1: THAW SHRIMP
1. Place bag in refrigerator overnight and/or fill kitchen skink with cold water and submerge bag until shrimp are completely thawed.
2. Remove shrimp from bag.
STEP 2: PREPARE FOR COOKING
1. Fill a pot with 4 quarts of water and bring to a rolling boil. (It’s important to use a full 4 quarts for this step)
2. Fill a medium size bowl with 4 cups of ice and 1 cup of water.
3. Set a timer for 2 minutes and 15 seconds.
STEP 3: COOK SHRIMP
1. Carefully put shrimp in boiling water and remove from heat.
2. Start timer. Stir shrimp.
3. When timer is complete, immediately remove the shrimp with slotted spoon and place into bowl of ice water.
4. Toss shrimp in ice water for 3 minutes or until completely chilled. Shrimp may be stored in a sealed container in refrigerator for up to 2 days.